On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 at 11:34, Bo Weidema <bo.weidema@bonsai.uno> wrote:

Den 2019-03-12 kl. 10.28 skrev Chris Mutel:

2. While I completely agree that in the scope of LCA flow objects are universal, while activities are located in time and space, we still
need to be able to enter other types of data, such as:
- GDP/population of a country over a time interval
- Recycling rate of different materials in a country (independent of a particular recycling activity, as this is not specified in the input data - could be linked later by the system model)
- Total amount of CO2/other emissions observed at a specific spatial scale over a particular time
The three examples of data you mention are not (raw) data inputs, but
rather outputs from querying the database, i.e. they can all be
calculated from the raw data. As such these three examples are weel
siuted as "competency questions" as requested by Matteo.
I guess I am missing something here - I was imagining a system where
GDP, etc. would exactly be raw data inputs, and used to
validate/estimate error on how much of the economy/whatever our system
is able to model. I can't see a CSV from the World Bank being anything
other than a raw data input... ? To me, one of the substantial
advancements of BONSAI is that we are using these new sources of data,
either directly, or as factors in allocating/disaggregating, or as
validation/sanity checks. We want to be explicit about how we
reconcile different sources which are representations of the same data
point.

Best regards

Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA