On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 at 12:57, Bo Weidema <bo.weidema@...> wrote:

Dear Chris,

Yes, of course in principle you can store the GDP/person of a country
over a time interval (e.g. from World Bank) in the database :

- Activity: All economic activities (defined as those that have monetary
labour costs, net taxes and/or net operating surplus)

- Flow-object: Value added (= labour costs, net taxes and net operating
surplus)

- Flow-property: Monetary value

- Property-relation: Person

but normally we would calculate that by summing the value added over all
activities in the database for that country in that time period and
dividing by the population, which is why I said it was a query output.
But you are right that you could use this calculated value to compare
with that of the World Bank.

And likewise for the CO2 emission / country:

- Activity: All

- Flow-object: carbon dioxide

And likewise the recycling rate for a material of a country could be
stored as the output of the national market for that material for
recycling with a property-relation to the output of the market for the
material (virgin + recycled).

Also in these cases, the external "raw" value can be compared to the
calculated from the more specific data in the database. But behind these
"raw" data from e.g. World Bank, there are of course other databases
that have summed over other specific data...
Thanks Bo, this was really helpful for me (and hopefully for others) -
it shows the power of what you have developed over the last years, and
really helps me understand it on a more fundamental level.

It seems to me like this should be one of the examples included in the
initial proposal, as it shows the comprehensiveness of the system, as
well as how it can handle different scopes (not just space and time).

Best regards

Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut