Hackthon management/software development philosophy

Thanks for Brandon and Tomas for bringing up the principle of test-driven development. I agree that this approach is absolutely correct, but I want to open up the broader question of hackthon task management and resource planning - do we want to formally adopt something like SCRUM (https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-scrum)? Having participated in several hackathon-type events, I have seen several examples of poor resource management.

I would very much appreciate someone volunteering to take the lead here, and create a small working group that will development a guidance document (in the Github repo) and prepare a presentation for Monday morning (March 25) introducing the approach agreed upon to the rest of the group.

I see the following key questions:
- How strict do we want to be following a particular system?
- How can we make sure that software/other efforts aren't duplicated?
- How can we make sure that each persons capabilities are being used effectively and in line with their interests?
- What tools can we use to improve the quality and usability of the code produced (e.g. TDD/BDD, documentation)?

We can create a hashtag (https://groupsio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202739265-Hashtags) for this discussion so people not directly involved can more easily filter it.