- Now that the list of participants a bit more "stable", I suggest we start identifying skills and interests so that we can create teams (and eventually make them responsible for the user stories)

- As for quality, we could use sonar metrics as the tool ( https://www.sonarsource.com/products/codeanalyzers/sonarpython.html )  + define a base threshold for coverage. The drawback is that we would need to get used to do some checking before pushing code.

More importantly, I think that we must first to production and secondly to quality in this phase where we want to "see that it works".

"Chris Mutel" ---02/23/2019 08:01:52 AM---Thanks for Brandon and Tomas for bringing up the principle of test-driven development. I agree that

From: "Chris Mutel" <cmutel@...>
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Date: 02/23/2019 08:01 AM
Subject: [hackathon2019] Hackthon management/software development philosophy
Sent by: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io

Thanks for Brandon and Tomas for bringing up the principle of test-driven development. I agree that this approach is absolutely correct, but I want to open up the broader question of hackthon task management and resource planning - do we want to formally adopt something like SCRUM (https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-scrum)? Having participated in several hackathon-type events, I have seen several examples of poor resource management.

I would very much appreciate someone volunteering to take the lead here, and create a small working group that will development a guidance document (in the Github repo) and prepare a presentation for Monday morning (March 25) introducing the approach agreed upon to the rest of the group.

I see the following key questions:
- How strict do we want to be following a particular system?
- How can we make sure that software/other efforts aren't duplicated?
- How can we make sure that each persons capabilities are being used effectively and in line with their interests?
- What tools can we use to improve the quality and usability of the code produced (e.g. TDD/BDD, documentation)?

We can create a hashtag (
https://groupsio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202739265-Hashtags) for this discussion so people not directly involved can more easily filter it.