Re: #softwaremethods Python library skeleton #softwaremethods

Miguel Fernández Astudillo

Dear all

It may be worth adding a couple of references to explain why doing all this version control, documentation, and testing is important. For people who are well-versed in software development this may sound obvious but for many others this is totally new. Maybe some of this should go on the “getting started” guidelines.

Specifically, I was thinking about some papers like:

I’ve just seen this intro to version control https://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004668.

Best,

Miguel (Astudillo)