Re: #bentso Bentso model development plans #bentso

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 at 13:37, <miguel.astudillo@...> wrote:

Hello all

It is not very clear to me how the bentso model is interacting with other pieces of the puzzle.

For example, if we would like to modify the capacity factors of power plants of European countries in Exiobase based on bentso. Would that be possible ?
EXIOBASE doesn't really have capacity factors, as in general it does a
poor job of modelling capital expenditures. But we could use this to
update the relative shares of the different technologies supplying the
electricity grid.

Is it the objective to test how to add new sources of data to an existing database levering the advantage of being stored using the same schema?
Partially, and also partially just to illustrate a different mental
model of LCI, where we can include something more than lists of inputs
and outputs, as well as an example of transparency, software
development methods, etc.