Re: Default BONSAI licenses

Brandon Kuczenski

I second BSD.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 12:09 AM Chris Mutel <cmutel@...> wrote:
We should choose a default license for the code and data produced by the hackathon. My first suggestion would be BSD 3-clause (https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause) for source code, and Creative Commons attribution international for the data (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).

- Why not GPL/CC non-commercial? At this point I don't see a reason to adopt a more restrictive license that could limit the spread of BONSAI's ideas and technologies into the private sector.

- Why not CC share-alike? Again, potentially excluding potential contributors seem premature at this stage of the project.

However, this is just my opinion!!! For the work that you do, you can of course choose what licenses to use. And this is a controversial subject, so feel free to express your opinion.

--
Brandon Kuczenski, Ph.D.
Associate Researcher

University of California at Santa Barbara
Institute for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Research
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-5131

email: bkuczenski@...