Start of the #ontology sub-group #ontology
This message is for those who signed up for the ontology
sub-group (Current members: Bo, Elias, Massimo); if this isn't
you, you can mute the #ontology hashtag.
Based on the description by Chris and Matteo, I think the tasks for the ontology sub-group, to be distributed among us, is:
1) Upload task description for sub-group (do we need a project
2) Coordinate tasks with sub-group on RDF (Agneta, Matteo) as it is not completely clear where the borderline between these two groups are
3) Decide on namespacing for the part of the ontology that is BONSAI-specific (i.e., which does not reside elsewhere): Suggestion to use purl.org - or bonsai.org - any other suggestions or arguments for one or the other?
3a) Create a "proper" ontology definition, based on the content
- in the form of a picture like the one in the "minimal
ontology pattern". Matteo suggests to use the vocabs QB and/or QB4OLAP for
this. This also implies the creation of initial classifications
for activities and flow-objects (including biosphere flows) as per
- ensuring that we also include metadata for our testbench
3c) Place output of 3a) and 3 b) on new github repo.
3d) Link from wiki to 3c) and provide also here any arguments for choices made or alternatives considered.