Agneta

Thanks Matteo for bringing the discussion to the platform.

My questions in relation to the schema and our discussions on friday are:

1.  I personally find the terms ‘Flow’ and ‘Flow object’ interchangeable and hence confusing. Is there a consensus on the use of ‘Flow object’ instead of ‘Flow’? I would need some clarity on this.

2.   I don’t understand why  Input and Output should be separate subclasses of a flow? Instead I would think of this as a flow property, in which the flow instances are input and output. After all every flow is either an output or an input. Similarly reference flow is also a flow property, not a subClass.

3.  To follow up the question on adding an ‘Agent’ to the existing schema. An ‘Agent’ is defined as ‘one who performs the activity’. For example – Coal power plant (agent) generates electricity (activity). This adds the advantage for defining stocks, as an agent usually invests on stocks such as infrastructure or machinery. So in my understanding we need to add Agent as another class. Ofcourse the agent has properties like – location

So I envision the simple schema to have 3 main classes- Agent (performs activities), Activity (has flows) and Flows. Each of these classes have one of many properties.

4.   4. Then again I feel that our schema is pretty similar to the schema published by (Janowicz et al.) , without ofcourse some objects such as intermediate or elementary flows. The novelty of the new schema is not entirely clear to me.

Cheers
Agneta