Den 2019-03-11 kl. 16.22 skrev Matteo Lissandrini (AAU):

What is the utility and the actual definition of a "reference flow"?
The more semantically precise term is actually "determining flow".

The definition is: "Flow of an activity for which a change will affect the production volume of the activity"

The utility is to be able to distinguish the flow that drives (causes) the activity from flows that are caused by the activity.

Regarding provenance, yes, the concept is extremely loaded of semantics in the field, I'm really sure we do not want to use that.
OK. Argument accepted.