Massimo Pizzol

Chris is right that one can use a negative (= input) reference flow. I just never use this approach and I forgot, my mistake.

I don’t see how we can skip the reference flow concept though if we are going to work with LCA data (deliverable 2 and 3).

Massimo

From: <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf of "Chris Mutel via Groups.Io" <cmutel@...>
Date: Monday, 11 March 2019 at 22.32
To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] Start of the #ontology sub-group #RDFFramework #ontology

I think it would be a mistake to bake too many restrictions into the

general framework. There is a certain mental model that prevails in

LCA, but we don't want BONSAI to accept these restrictions at the

beginning unless they are absolutely necessary, and BONSAI is not just

for LCA (e.g. should also be useful for MFA). For now it might be

worth skipping the determining flow completely, as it doesn't seem

necessary for the hackathon.

Determining flows are not always outputs, treatment of waste by

landfill has waste as a determining flow input.