Dear all-

I very much appreciate the work and active participation of people in
this working group! Unfortunately, I must make your lives a little bit
harder :)

1. The final proposal should include not just what you have found
consensus on, but also the alternatives you have considered, and why
they were not chosen. This has two purposes: to stop people from
bringing up the same issues over and over again, and to communicate
that you made informed decisions.

So, for example, when we debate over the modelling of waste treatment,
we should be drawing simple models of each possibility, and then
discussing the practical effects of these models. I don't think it is
sufficient (certainly not in the long term, maybe for the hackathon)
to just assert that it works like this, because I know/am smart and
have thought about it.

2. While I completely agree that in the scope of LCA flow objects are
universal, while activities are located in time and space, we still
need to be able to enter other types of data, such as:
- GDP/population of a country over a time interval
- Recycling rate of different materials in a country (independent of a
particular recycling activity, as this is not specified in the input
data - could be linked later by the system model)
- Total amount of CO2/other emissions observed at a specific spatial
scale over a particular time

3. Simple is better than complex, even if it loses a little bit of
"realism". The lesson that I have learned when re-implementing some of
the modelling choices in version 3 of ecoinvent is that even good
ideas can have weird and unpredictable side effects when combined with
other seemingly good ideas. People appreciate models that they can
understand completely in a few minutes!

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 at 09:10, <michele.derosa@bonsai.uno> wrote:

Good point Massimo. In Fact, the output flow of the activity "Waste Incineration" should be "TREATED municipal solid waste" and not "Treatment of municipal solid waste"
Michele
--
Chris Mutel