Date   

Self-assignment to working groups #poll

 

Please assign yourself to at least one group by Tuesday, March 5 at 12:00 CEST.

A group coordinator should be chosen, and a suitable hashtag should be created, so that others can easily filter your groups emails. Please continue to use this mailing list (either hackathon or the main BONSAI, you choose what would be best) as the main forum for communication, so others can follow your discussions.

Results

See Who Responded


IMPORTANT - Group, roles, and hackathon preparation

 

It is time to choose a task or two and start working. Please complete the following ASAP:

  •  Register with Github
  • Get familiar with the Github pull request (PR) workflow: https://guides.github.com/introduction/flow/. Set up a practice repo and do a dummy PR if this is new for you.
  • Add your username to https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/hackathon-2019/blob/master/Participants.md. If you don't have write permission, submit a PR
There will be more tasks coming as we prepare intro stuff and make specific technical decisions :)

Working groups

In each of the following groups, I need someone to volunteer to serve as the coordinator. This person will be responsible for organizing the groups work, and completing any deliverables due before the hackathon.

The following are only my suggestions - each group can decide on their own how they will work together. You canalso self-organize and create your own working groups! See some ideas in the stretch goals here: https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/hackathon-2019#outputs

Python skeleton

A framework for building Python libraries that helps people get started quickly. https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/python-skeleton.

There is some content there already, needs to have some issues closed and then be tested.

The bentso working group depends on this to be finished, so completion of at least the first stage well before the hackathon start is a priority.

Output: Github repo

BONSAI ontology

Suggested coordinator: Bo

We will try to reuse existing ontologies as much as possible, but some custom ontology development is inevitable. Key discussion points for this group:
  • List of biosphere flows
  • Namespacing. Instead of the draft Python script, it might be better to use the bonsai.uno as the root of the URIs
There are controversial choices here, so the development should be open. This means:
  • Source data should be included for custom ontologies, e.g. EXIOBASE metadata file, along with code transforming this to the RDF/whatever file
  • Discussion on value judgments should be in Github issues
Output: New github repo with rdf/turtle/whatever, with RDF hosting on bonsai.uno server. A first version should be completed before the hackathon start.

RDF framework

Suggested coordinator: Agneta

No pressure or anything, but this is the most important working group, as other groups depend on it to produce results in a timely manner.

This group will select the overall framework and specific ontologies to be used in the hackathon, and communicate them in a human- and computer-readable fashion. Should include outputs from the BONSAI ontology working group.

Output: New github repo with first version of rdf/turtle/whatever, and discussion in issues as to what was chosen and why, before the hackathon start. Updating the bonsai wiki can come during or after the hackathon.

Model reproducability

Suggested coordinator: Brandon

Technical guidelines and examples for interoperable life cycle inventory models models that also meet the standards that Brandon has developed.

Should proceed in accordance with bentso, which will be an example of these best practices.

Output: New github repo with standards and discussion. Not due before hackathon start.

Software development methodology

Suggested coordinator: Tomas

  •  How to use Github issues, branching, and PRs effectively
  • How to use Python code quality checks effectively
  • How to use kanban boards + SCRUM-lite methodology
Output: Guide in hackathon repo, and presentation (with examples) to be given at beginning of hackathon.

Getting started guide

Suggested coordinator: Tom

Output: New github repo with guides that can be finished in ~15 minutes before start of hackathon.

SimaPro integration

Suggested coordinator: Rutger

Conversion from RDF to SimaPro CSV

Output: Documentation of SimaPro CSV format, and library to convert to/from RDF by end of hackathon.

bentso model

Suggested coordinator: Chris

BONSAI living model for European electricity via ENTSO-E API.

Output: Working model by the end of the hackathon. Basic querying functionality should be available before hackathon start.


Correspondence tables

Usable correspondence tables between different schemas, e.g. EXIOBASE/ecoinvent/BONSAI RDF.
  • Create as datapackage (base format, as this is the easiest for people to edit/consume)
  • Tool to convert to/from RDF
  • Open technical discussion and recommendations on dealing with 1-N, N-1, M-N
  • Python library to apply datapackage to data without thinking
Output: New Github repo. Conversion of existing BONSAI corresponsdence tables and working software by end of hackathon.

I will send out a separate email with a poll with option to sign up for the different groups.


Use of hastags in groups.io

 

Please read the following to see how to apply hashtags, and how to mute hastags you aren't interested in:

https://groups.io/static/help#hashtags


Re: Default BONSAI licenses

 

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 10:40, Matteo Lissandrini (AAU) <matteo@cs.aau.dk> wrote:

I missed that, thanks!
Well, clicking on the giant tab marked "terms of use" and thinking
that was the actual terms of use is a pretty understandable "mistake"
:)

Nice, so for the data we shall use the CC share-alike as well?
Can discuss during the hackathon, but my reading is that any data
product which builds on EXIOBASE would then need to covered by
share-alike as well.


Weekly Q&A with Chris

 

Dear all-

I have scheduled a weekly Q&A session with myself for any questions or comments you might have at whatever stage your group is at. It will be every Friday at 15:00-15:30 CET, starting today, until the hackathon (i.e. 4 times). 

If you haven't used Zoom before, this is a chance to test it out before the hackathon starts.

-Chris

Chris Mutel is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: BONSAI Q&A
Time: Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM Zurich
        Every week on Fri, 4 occurrence(s)
        Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM
        Mar 8, 2019 3:00 PM
        Mar 15, 2019 3:00 PM
        Mar 22, 2019 3:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/973425136/ics?icsToken=0017bcbfb63b8c41eab59e470a763d6602605fd35e3c4de03c0e495c60e54a8e
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/973425136
 
One tap mobile
+41225189006,,973425136# Switzerland
+41315280988,,973425136# Switzerland
 
Dial by your location
        +41 22 518 9006 Switzerland
        +41 31 528 0988 Switzerland
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 973 425 136
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acD3QzOJCT
 


Re: Weekly Q&A with Chris

Massimo Pizzol
 

Unfortunately I have missed today’s zoom (little last minute inconvenience).  Will you perhaps make a quick summary or share some notes? Some of the Q&A might be useful to others.

 

(In general, very good idea to schedule a fix weekly meeting! Thumbs up!)


Massimo

 

 

From: <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf of "Chris Mutel via Groups.Io" <cmutel@...>
Reply-To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Date: Friday, 1 March 2019 at 12.22
To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Subject: [hackathon2019] Weekly Q&A with Chris

 

Dear all-

I have scheduled a weekly Q&A session with myself for any questions or comments you might have at whatever stage your group is at. It will be every Friday at 15:00-15:30 CET, starting today, until the hackathon (i.e. 4 times). 

If you haven't used Zoom before, this is a chance to test it out before the hackathon starts.

-Chris

Chris Mutel is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Topic: BONSAI Q&A

Time: Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM Zurich

        Every week on Fri, 4 occurrence(s)

        Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 8, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 15, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/973425136/ics?icsToken=0017bcbfb63b8c41eab59e470a763d6602605fd35e3c4de03c0e495c60e54a8e

 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/973425136

 

One tap mobile

+41225189006,,973425136# Switzerland

+41315280988,,973425136# Switzerland

 

Dial by your location

        +41 22 518 9006 Switzerland

        +41 31 528 0988 Switzerland

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 973 425 136

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acD3QzOJCT

 


Re: Weekly Q&A with Chris

 

This is just an informal chance to ask whatever questions pop into
your head, no plan to keep minutes, but also not a place to make
decisions that would effect BONSAI.

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 15:44, Massimo Pizzol <massimo@plan.aau.dk> wrote:

Unfortunately I have missed today’s zoom (little last minute inconvenience). Will you perhaps make a quick summary or share some notes? Some of the Q&A might be useful to others.



(In general, very good idea to schedule a fix weekly meeting! Thumbs up!)


Massimo





From: <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf of "Chris Mutel via Groups.Io" <cmutel=gmail.com@groups.io>
Reply-To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Date: Friday, 1 March 2019 at 12.22
To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Subject: [hackathon2019] Weekly Q&A with Chris



Dear all-

I have scheduled a weekly Q&A session with myself for any questions or comments you might have at whatever stage your group is at. It will be every Friday at 15:00-15:30 CET, starting today, until the hackathon (i.e. 4 times).

If you haven't used Zoom before, this is a chance to test it out before the hackathon starts.

-Chris

Chris Mutel is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.



Topic: BONSAI Q&A

Time: Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM Zurich

Every week on Fri, 4 occurrence(s)

Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM

Mar 8, 2019 3:00 PM

Mar 15, 2019 3:00 PM

Mar 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/973425136/ics?icsToken=0017bcbfb63b8c41eab59e470a763d6602605fd35e3c4de03c0e495c60e54a8e



Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/973425136



One tap mobile

+41225189006,,973425136# Switzerland

+41315280988,,973425136# Switzerland



Dial by your location

+41 22 518 9006 Switzerland

+41 31 528 0988 Switzerland

+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 973 425 136

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acD3QzOJCT



--
############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787
############################


Re: IT requirements for the hackathon

Tom
 

Is it reasonable to assume that all participants are bringing laptops? I guess so.
Personally, I dislike working on just a laptop, hunched over. I am more productive and healthy when plugged into a proper workstation, with a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Is this type of hardware potentially available at the rented hackathon space? Packing our personal equipment into a suitcase is possible, but not ideal if there are appropriate alternatives there.


Re: Weekly Q&A with Chris

Tiago Morais
 

Dear all,

 

This is a great ideia!

Unfortunately I also missed yesterday’s zoom call.

 

As Massimo mentioned, would be very nice have a quick summary.

 

Regards

Tiago

--
Tiago G. Morais
Instituto Superior Técnico - Universidade de Lisboa/University of Lisbon
MARETEC/LARSYS
Área Científica de Ambiente e Energia/Environment and Energy Scientific Area
Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica/Department of Mechanical Engineering 
Pavilhão de Mecânica I | Av. Rovisco Pais, 1 | 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal
Tel: +351 21 841 98 77 | ext. 3877

 

From: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> On Behalf Of Massimo Pizzol
Sent: 1 de março de 2019 14:45
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] Weekly Q&A with Chris

 

Unfortunately I have missed today’s zoom (little last minute inconvenience).  Will you perhaps make a quick summary or share some notes? Some of the Q&A might be useful to others.

 

(In general, very good idea to schedule a fix weekly meeting! Thumbs up!)


Massimo

 

 

From: <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf of "Chris Mutel via Groups.Io" <cmutel@...>
Reply-To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Date: Friday, 1 March 2019 at 12.22
To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Subject: [hackathon2019] Weekly Q&A with Chris

 

Dear all-

I have scheduled a weekly Q&A session with myself for any questions or comments you might have at whatever stage your group is at. It will be every Friday at 15:00-15:30 CET, starting today, until the hackathon (i.e. 4 times). 

If you haven't used Zoom before, this is a chance to test it out before the hackathon starts.

-Chris

Chris Mutel is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Topic: BONSAI Q&A

Time: Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM Zurich

        Every week on Fri, 4 occurrence(s)

        Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 8, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 15, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

 

Join Zoom Meeting

 

One tap mobile

+41225189006,,973425136# Switzerland

+41315280988,,973425136# Switzerland

 

Dial by your location

        +41 22 518 9006 Switzerland

        +41 31 528 0988 Switzerland

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 973 425 136

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acD3QzOJCT

 


Re: Weekly Q&A with Chris

Miguel Fernández Astudillo
 

Dear all,

 

I don’t have the notes with me but I can tell that the call was brief (we where only 4). Here is what I remember.

 

Working remotely: We talked a bit about how it could work for people volunteering remotely. I think the idea is that everybody is welcome to collaborate to the extent that they feel like. But if you commit to help, try to finish your task, so other tasks of the hackathon depending on it don’t get blocked. We also mentioned that it could be good to do a zoom call at the end of each day to summarise what has been going on.

 

Data formats: some of the data in the google drive of bonsai is on google spreadsheets. We talked about convert them to a machine-readable format and move them from there. The frictionless data package (https://frictionlessdata.io/) was proposed. We want people to facilitate the collaboration, and formats like csv are quite accessible to a wide public.

 

Best, Miguel

 

From: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tiago Morais
Sent: 02 March 2019 14:35
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] Weekly Q&A with Chris

 

Dear all,

 

This is a great ideia!

Unfortunately I also missed yesterday’s zoom call.

 

As Massimo mentioned, would be very nice have a quick summary.

 

Regards

Tiago

--
Tiago G. Morais
Instituto Superior Técnico - Universidade de Lisboa/University of Lisbon
MARETEC/LARSYS
Área Científica de Ambiente e Energia/Environment and Energy Scientific Area
Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica/Department of Mechanical Engineering 
Pavilhão de Mecânica I | Av. Rovisco Pais, 1 | 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal
Tel: +351 21 841 98 77 | ext. 3877

 

From: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> On Behalf Of Massimo Pizzol
Sent: 1 de março de 2019 14:45
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] Weekly Q&A with Chris

 

Unfortunately I have missed today’s zoom (little last minute inconvenience).  Will you perhaps make a quick summary or share some notes? Some of the Q&A might be useful to others.

 

(In general, very good idea to schedule a fix weekly meeting! Thumbs up!)


Massimo

 

 

From: <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf of "Chris Mutel via Groups.Io" <cmutel@...>
Reply-To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Date: Friday, 1 March 2019 at 12.22
To: "hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io" <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Subject: [hackathon2019] Weekly Q&A with Chris

 

Dear all-

I have scheduled a weekly Q&A session with myself for any questions or comments you might have at whatever stage your group is at. It will be every Friday at 15:00-15:30 CET, starting today, until the hackathon (i.e. 4 times). 

If you haven't used Zoom before, this is a chance to test it out before the hackathon starts.

-Chris

Chris Mutel is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

 

Topic: BONSAI Q&A

Time: Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM Zurich

        Every week on Fri, 4 occurrence(s)

        Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 8, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 15, 2019 3:00 PM

        Mar 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

 

Join Zoom Meeting

 

One tap mobile

+41225189006,,973425136# Switzerland

+41315280988,,973425136# Switzerland

 

Dial by your location

        +41 22 518 9006 Switzerland

        +41 31 528 0988 Switzerland

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 973 425 136

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acD3QzOJCT

 


Re: IT requirements for the hackathon

Bo Weidema
 

I am sorry to say that we have not had sufficient funding to rent a fully equipped IT-lab. We will have to work with our laptops.

Best regards

Bo

Den 2019-03-02 kl. 11.14 skrev Tom:

Is it reasonable to assume that all participants are bringing laptops? I guess so.
Personally, I dislike working on just a laptop, hunched over. I am more productive and healthy when plugged into a proper workstation, with a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Is this type of hardware potentially available at the rented hackathon space? Packing our personal equipment into a suitcase is possible, but not ideal if there are appropriate alternatives there.
--


Re: IMPORTANT - Group, roles, and hackathon preparation

 

Dear team participants:

Thanks for signing up! To have an effective hackathon, each team needs to have a detailed plan of what they can realistically accomplish, and prepare adequately beforehand. A common problem in hackathons is that a few people take charge of the project core, and the rest don't really know what needs to be done or how they can contribute. Therefore, please already start thinking and discussing how the skills of the different team members can fit together, how each team member can have agency, and how team management can include remote participants.

I have tried to create a graph of project team dependencies. This is just something I came up with on a Sunday morning, you can edit it here (but you will need graphviz installed to generate a new image). Due to the high level of interdependency in the hackathon, please add a section to the hackathon readme with your project team organization as soon as possible.


Re: Default BONSAI licenses

Bo Weidema
 

Re. data licenses, we have currently this text: https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/bonsai/wiki/Licenses

The idea is that BONSAI data should be as open as possible, but allowing for more restrictive datapoints (dq:observations) as well, so that the license applicable to any query result will depend on the datapoint with the most restrictive license. A query can then filter out those data points that have too restrictive a license for the intended application. The practical implementation of this requires a definite hierarchy of license types.

Best regards

Bo

Den 2019-03-01 kl. 10.47 skrev Chris Mutel:

Nice, so for the data we shall use the CC share-alike as well?
Can discuss during the hackathon, but my reading is that any data
product which builds on EXIOBASE would then need to covered by
share-alike as well.


Re: IT requirements for the hackathon

Tom
 

Thanks Bo, good to know! I will try to pack a keyboard, mouse and laptop riser then, to work in comfort.


Re: Default BONSAI licenses

 

Thanks Bo, this is a very good point! I have updated the language in the wiki slightly.


Re: Default BONSAI licenses

Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)
 

This is very nice!

Here some  pointers to material that may be of help:

https://creativecommons.org/ns
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Ontology_rights_and_licence#Comments_from_V.C3.ADctor_Rodr.C3.ADguez_Doncel
http://www.obofoundry.org/ontology/swo.html


#bentso Bentso model development plans #bentso

 

This message is for those who signed up for the bentso model development group; if this isn't you, you can mute the #bentso hashtag.

I have added a project board here: https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/bentso/projects/1, and am working on getting the library foundation set up. You are welcome to help (contact me bilaterally), but as you are all signed up for several projects, I think it is easiest if I do this before the hackathon, as I have it all in my head.

Before the hackathon, I will prepare the fundamentals: reading the ENTSO-E API. However, it is important that you apply for an API key now, as it can take some time if you are unlucky. Instructions are here: https://entsoe.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000153663-Restful-API-first-steps-general-info-. You should test your key after you get it.


Start of the #ontology sub-group #ontology

Bo Weidema
 

This message is for those who signed up for the ontology sub-group (Current members: Bo, Elias, Massimo); if this isn't you, you can mute the #ontology hashtag.

Based on the description by Chris and Matteo, I think the tasks for the ontology sub-group, to be distributed among us, is:

1) Upload task description for sub-group (do we need a project board?)

2) Coordinate tasks with sub-group on RDF (Agneta, Matteo) as it is not completely clear where the borderline between these two groups are

3) Decide on namespacing for the part of the ontology that is BONSAI-specific (i.e., which does not reside elsewhere): Suggestion to use purl.org - or bonsai.org - any other suggestions or arguments for one or the other?

3a) Create a "proper" ontology definition, based on the content of https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/bonsai/wiki/Data-Storage#specify-minimum-core-data-and-metadata-formats - in the form of a picture like the one in the "minimal ontology pattern". Matteo suggests to use the vocabs QB and/or QB4OLAP for this. This also implies the creation of initial classifications for activities and flow-objects (including biosphere flows) as per https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/bonsai/wiki/Data%20Integration#classifications-and-correspondence-tables - ensuring that we also include metadata for our testbench EXIOBASE dataset.

3b) Complement 3a) with an RDF schema, like in http://tcga.deri.ie/ or http://qweb.cs.aau.dk/qboairbase/

3c) Place output of 3a) and 3 b) on new github repo.

3d) Link from wiki to 3c) and provide also here any arguments for choices made or alternatives considered.

Bo


Re: Start of the #ontology sub-group #ontology

 

I would suggest taking the US EPA flow list as the basis for the
BONSAI flow list - they have put in quite a lot of work in basing
their names and metadata on accepted standards and ontologies.

https://github.com/USEPA/Federal-LCA-Commons-Elementary-Flow-List.

The processing scripts aren't complete, but you can download the
current output here:
https://github.com/USEPA/Federal-LCA-Commons-Elementary-Flow-List/tree/master/fedelemflowlist/output

Wes said that they should have a complete 1.0 release in a few months.

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 12:46, Bo Weidema <bo.weidema@bonsai.uno> wrote:

This message is for those who signed up for the ontology sub-group (Current members: Bo, Elias, Massimo); if this isn't you, you can mute the #ontology hashtag.

Based on the description by Chris and Matteo, I think the tasks for the ontology sub-group, to be distributed among us, is:

1) Upload task description for sub-group (do we need a project board?)

2) Coordinate tasks with sub-group on RDF (Agneta, Matteo) as it is not completely clear where the borderline between these two groups are

3) Decide on namespacing for the part of the ontology that is BONSAI-specific (i.e., which does not reside elsewhere): Suggestion to use purl.org - or bonsai.org - any other suggestions or arguments for one or the other?

3a) Create a "proper" ontology definition, based on the content of https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/bonsai/wiki/Data-Storage#specify-minimum-core-data-and-metadata-formats - in the form of a picture like the one in the "minimal ontology pattern". Matteo suggests to use the vocabs QB and/or QB4OLAP for this. This also implies the creation of initial classifications for activities and flow-objects (including biosphere flows) as per https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/bonsai/wiki/Data%20Integration#classifications-and-correspondence-tables - ensuring that we also include metadata for our testbench EXIOBASE dataset.

3b) Complement 3a) with an RDF schema, like in http://tcga.deri.ie/ or http://qweb.cs.aau.dk/qboairbase/

3c) Place output of 3a) and 3 b) on new github repo.

3d) Link from wiki to 3c) and provide also here any arguments for choices made or alternatives considered.

Bo

--
############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787
############################


Re: Start of the #ontology sub-group #ontology

Agneta
 

Hi

Thanks for this message Bo.

Actually I am currently working on points 3a and 3b,- Using existing LCA ontology ( based on BONSAI wiki and Kuczenski et al (2016)) as a starting point to develop an RDF schema . 

So I am not entirely sure if there is much difference between the groups BONSAI ontology and an RDF framework.
Anyway, I am also developing a dummies guide to RDF and RDF schema for LCA practitioners.

Group members we have a meeting scheduled on Friday 8th March 10 AM so please let me know if you are interested in joining.

Regards

Agneta

41 - 60 of 273