#correspondencetables - what needs to be done? #correspondencetables


Brandon Kuczenski
 

I can work on that but it occurred to me to suggest Protege software: https://protege.stanford.edu which i have seen used for this sort of thing. It only now occurred to me; otherwise i would have mentioned it sooner. 



Sent on my Samsung Galaxy S® 6.

-------- Original message --------
From: Bo Weidema <bo.weidema@...>
Date: 3/22/19 3:01 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] #correspondencetables - what needs to be done?

I would strongly urge Brandon to provide an example of how this information could be (better) provided in an RDF format

Thanks for considering.

Bo

Den 2019-03-22 kl. 10.28 skrev michele.derosa@...:

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks a lot guys for your contribution so far! This is great! A few comments and answers to the questions above:

@ALL (IMPORTANT):

  1. Please remember to update the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv with all the required metadata when uploading and / or modifying the correspondence tables (as explained in the readme file).
  2. I have added a field ("Author") to this file. I can see that there are already a few new correspondence files that have not been registered in _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv . This is required to track what correspondence tables we have and their status (and maybe also to collect the metadata for conversion in frictionless data format?).
  3. If you modify the location or replace the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv remember to update the link to it in the readme file. I found that the link was already broken.
  4. I added the (before missing) file name to the respective rows in _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv (thanks Miguel A. for letting me know)

@Stefano: The status of the correspondence table is incomplete. Remember to check the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv

@Arthur: please send me your GitHub name. All contributors shall have access to the GitHub

@Mighuel A.: you have created a new folder distinguishing raw and final (correspondence) tables. That's fine but could you add in the readme a description of what these file contains, their difference and how to use them? Also, should the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv now include both files in the raw and in the final tables folder? (I'd say so maybe specifying in the status why we have two if it is necessary to keep both?)

--


Bo Weidema
 

I would strongly urge Brandon to provide an example of how this information could be (better) provided in an RDF format

Thanks for considering.

Bo

Den 2019-03-22 kl. 10.28 skrev michele.derosa@...:

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks a lot guys for your contribution so far! This is great! A few comments and answers to the questions above:

@ALL (IMPORTANT):

  1. Please remember to update the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv with all the required metadata when uploading and / or modifying the correspondence tables (as explained in the readme file).
  2. I have added a field ("Author") to this file. I can see that there are already a few new correspondence files that have not been registered in _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv . This is required to track what correspondence tables we have and their status (and maybe also to collect the metadata for conversion in frictionless data format?).
  3. If you modify the location or replace the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv remember to update the link to it in the readme file. I found that the link was already broken.
  4. I added the (before missing) file name to the respective rows in _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv (thanks Miguel A. for letting me know)

@Stefano: The status of the correspondence table is incomplete. Remember to check the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv

@Arthur: please send me your GitHub name. All contributors shall have access to the GitHub

@Mighuel A.: you have created a new folder distinguishing raw and final (correspondence) tables. That's fine but could you add in the readme a description of what these file contains, their difference and how to use them? Also, should the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv now include both files in the raw and in the final tables folder? (I'd say so maybe specifying in the status why we have two if it is necessary to keep both?)

--


Michele De Rosa
 
Edited

Thanks a lot guys for your contribution so far! This is great! A few comments and answers to the questions above:

@ALL (IMPORTANT):

  1. Please remember to update the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv with all the required metadata when uploading and / or modifying the correspondence tables (as explained in the readme file).
  2. I have added a field ("Author") to this file. I can see that there are already a few new correspondence files that have not been registered in _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv . This is required to track what correspondence tables we have and their status (and maybe also to collect the metadata for conversion in frictionless data format?).
  3. If you modify the location or replace the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv remember to update the link to it in the readme file. I found that the link was already broken.
  4. I added the (before missing) file name to the respective rows in _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv (thanks Miguel A. for letting me know)

@Stefano: The status of the correspondence table is incomplete. Remember to check the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv

@Arthur: please send me your GitHub name. All contributors shall have access to the GitHub

@Mighuel A.: you have created a new folder distinguishing raw and final (correspondence) tables. That's fine but could you add in the readme a description of what these file contains, their difference and how to use them? Also, should the file _Overview_of_available_correspondence_files.csv now include both files in the raw and in the final tables folder? (I'd say so maybe specifying in the status why we have two if it is necessary to keep both?)


arthur.jakobs@...
 

Hi,

I finished the correspondence between the elementary flows of ecoinvent and exiobase. But also do not have writing permission on github.
Can someone add the attached files. I also updated the _Overview...csv file.

Cheers,
Arthur


arthur.jakobs@...
 

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for the file.

Cheers,
Arthur


Stefano Merciai
 

Hi all,

I just checked the correspondence between Exiobase v2 and Nace Rev.2 and I've noticed that some sectors of the Nace Rev.2 were not included in the table. This means that the table was not exhaustive. Is there any reason for that?

However, I have uploaded a new version with suffix v2 but I did not check all the sectors. I think we will need some cross-check later on.

Best,

Stefano


On 20/03/2019 17:53, Stefano Merciai via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi Jacob,

I have this old file I used to convert Exiobase HSUTs extension into a Simapro format.

Best,

Stefano


On 20/03/2019 17:04, arthur.jakobs@... wrote:
Hi,

I started on the correspondence between the elementary flows of ecoinvent and exiobase. Is anyone aware of any classification scheme for the exiobase resources and emissions?
Or should they be manually mapped on the names?

@Stefano: are there such concordances available for exiobase? I got a bunch of concordances from Konstantin Stadler but non on the environmental flows.

@Tiago: How did you go about this?

Thanks,
Arthur

-- 
Best,
S.

-- 
Best,
S.


Stefano Merciai
 

Hi Jacob,

I have this old file I used to convert Exiobase HSUTs extension into a Simapro format.

Best,

Stefano


On 20/03/2019 17:04, arthur.jakobs@... wrote:
Hi,

I started on the correspondence between the elementary flows of ecoinvent and exiobase. Is anyone aware of any classification scheme for the exiobase resources and emissions?
Or should they be manually mapped on the names?

@Stefano: are there such concordances available for exiobase? I got a bunch of concordances from Konstantin Stadler but non on the environmental flows.

@Tiago: How did you go about this?

Thanks,
Arthur

-- 
Best,
S.


arthur.jakobs@...
 

Hi,

I started on the correspondence between the elementary flows of ecoinvent and exiobase. Is anyone aware of any classification scheme for the exiobase resources and emissions?
Or should they be manually mapped on the names?

@Stefano: are there such concordances available for exiobase? I got a bunch of concordances from Konstantin Stadler but non on the environmental flows.

@Tiago: How did you go about this?

Thanks,
Arthur


Tiago Morais
 

Hi,

I just uploaded the correspondence table between EXIOBASE and US EPA.
Nevertheless, there are flows in the EXIOBASE that don't have correspondence in US EPA flows (they just a few cases)

Cheers
Tiago


Stefano Merciai
 

Hi all,

I just want to let you know that the latest version of Exiobase multi-regional hybrid tables, i.e. v3.3.17, is on exiobase.eu

I have changed the labels of the HIOT product classification in order to improve the consistency with HSUTs. I will soon upload the correspondence table on Github. Unless big issues, the final format should be that one. Then, if you want, I can add other data.

Best,

Stefano


On 15/03/2019 14:38, Tiago Morais wrote:

Hi all,

 

I already finished the correspondence between v3 and v2 of exiobase, but I’m not authorize to upload in the github. Thus, I attached the file year.

 

Meanwhile, I will also start to work on the point 3 from Chris’s list.


-- 
Best,
S.


Tiago Morais
 

It is tgmorais1.

Ok ok!


Michele De Rosa
 

Great! What's your GitHub usr? I'll add you. Please update the overview file too (see readme in repo)


Tiago Morais
 

Hi all,

 

I already finished the correspondence between v3 and v2 of exiobase, but I’m not authorize to upload in the github. Thus, I attached the file year.

 

Meanwhile, I will also start to work on the point 3 from Chris’s list.


arthur.jakobs@...
 

Hi Michele,

Like Tiago, I also opted for this group to offer my help.
I added my name to the readme on github and created a pull request.

I will start to work on point 2 from Chris' list.


Tiago Morais
 

I will start working on the point 1.

--
Tiago G. Morais
Instituto Superior Técnico - Universidade de Lisboa/University of Lisbon
MARETEC/LARSYS
Área Científica de Ambiente e Energia/Environment and Energy Scientific Area
Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica/Department of Mechanical Engineering
Pavilhão de Mecânica I | Av. Rovisco Pais, 1 | 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal
Tel: +351 21 841 98 77 | ext. 3877

-----Original Message-----
From: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Mutel
Sent: 15 de março de 2019 10:44
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] #correspondencetables - what needs to be done?

1. See if there are any differences in the elementary flows lists of exiobase version 2 and 3 (even a single character difference is enough to need a mapping).

2. Map ecoinvent elementary flow list (from
https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/Correspondence-tables/blob/master/EcoinventElflow3.2_to_ILCD.csv)
to EXIOBASE elementary flow list

3. Map exiobase v3 elementary flow list to US EPA elementary flow list
(https://github.com/USEPA/Federal-LCA-Commons-Elementary-Flow-List/blob/master/fedelemflowlist/output/FedElemFlowList_0.2.csv)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 11:35, Tiago Morais <tiago.g.morais@tecnico.ulisboa.pt> wrote:

Hi Michele,

I selected to work in this group. How can I help now?

I am also available to have a call Monday.

--
Tiago G. Morais
Instituto Superior Técnico - Universidade de Lisboa/University of
Lisbon MARETEC/LARSYS Área Científica de Ambiente e
Energia/Environment and Energy Scientific Area Departamento de
Engenharia Mecânica/Department of Mechanical Engineering Pavilhão de
Mecânica I | Av. Rovisco Pais, 1 | 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal
Tel: +351 21 841 98 77 | ext. 3877


-----Original Message-----
From: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
On Behalf Of Chris Mutel
Sent: 15 de março de 2019 10:27
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] #correspondencetables - what needs to be done?

Working group self-assignment is here:
https://bonsai.groups.io/g/hackathon2019/responses?pollid=4642

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 11:20, <michele.derosa@bonsai.uno> wrote:

@Chris Done. Is there anyone that subscribed to this group that is not listed as a group member right now?

@All, I am working on collecting under our group repo all the
info/material/guidelines we have already found/developed on this
topic. Get in touch with me if you have material/ideas

Should we schedule a call sometime early next week (e.g. Monday afternoon 5pm CET) ?



--
############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787
############################







--
############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787
############################


 

1. See if there are any differences in the elementary flows lists of
exiobase version 2 and 3 (even a single character difference is enough
to need a mapping).

2. Map ecoinvent elementary flow list (from
https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/Correspondence-tables/blob/master/EcoinventElflow3.2_to_ILCD.csv)
to EXIOBASE elementary flow list

3. Map exiobase v3 elementary flow list to US EPA elementary flow list
(https://github.com/USEPA/Federal-LCA-Commons-Elementary-Flow-List/blob/master/fedelemflowlist/output/FedElemFlowList_0.2.csv)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 11:35, Tiago Morais
<tiago.g.morais@tecnico.ulisboa.pt> wrote:

Hi Michele,

I selected to work in this group. How can I help now?

I am also available to have a call Monday.

--
Tiago G. Morais
Instituto Superior Técnico - Universidade de Lisboa/University of Lisbon
MARETEC/LARSYS
Área Científica de Ambiente e Energia/Environment and Energy Scientific Area
Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica/Department of Mechanical Engineering
Pavilhão de Mecânica I | Av. Rovisco Pais, 1 | 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal
Tel: +351 21 841 98 77 | ext. 3877


-----Original Message-----
From: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Mutel
Sent: 15 de março de 2019 10:27
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] #correspondencetables - what needs to be done?

Working group self-assignment is here:
https://bonsai.groups.io/g/hackathon2019/responses?pollid=4642

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 11:20, <michele.derosa@bonsai.uno> wrote:

@Chris Done. Is there anyone that subscribed to this group that is not listed as a group member right now?

@All, I am working on collecting under our group repo all the info/material/guidelines we have already found/developed on this topic. Get in touch with me if you have material/ideas

Should we schedule a call sometime early next week (e.g. Monday afternoon 5pm CET) ?



--
############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787
############################







--
############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787
############################


Tiago Morais
 

Hi Michele,

I selected to work in this group. How can I help now?

I am also available to have a call Monday.

--
Tiago G. Morais
Instituto Superior Técnico - Universidade de Lisboa/University of Lisbon
MARETEC/LARSYS
Área Científica de Ambiente e Energia/Environment and Energy Scientific Area
Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica/Department of Mechanical Engineering
Pavilhão de Mecânica I | Av. Rovisco Pais, 1 | 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal
Tel: +351 21 841 98 77 | ext. 3877

-----Original Message-----
From: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Mutel
Sent: 15 de março de 2019 10:27
To: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] #correspondencetables - what needs to be done?

Working group self-assignment is here:
https://bonsai.groups.io/g/hackathon2019/responses?pollid=4642

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 11:20, <michele.derosa@bonsai.uno> wrote:

@Chris Done. Is there anyone that subscribed to this group that is not listed as a group member right now?

@All, I am working on collecting under our group repo all the info/material/guidelines we have already found/developed on this topic. Get in touch with me if you have material/ideas

Should we schedule a call sometime early next week (e.g. Monday afternoon 5pm CET) ?



--
############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787
############################


 

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 at 11:20, <michele.derosa@bonsai.uno> wrote:

@Chris Done. Is there anyone that subscribed to this group that is not listed as a group member right now?

@All, I am working on collecting under our group repo all the info/material/guidelines we have already found/developed on this topic. Get in touch with me if you have material/ideas

Should we schedule a call sometime early next week (e.g. Monday afternoon 5pm CET) ?

--
############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787
############################


Michele De Rosa
 

@Chris Done. Is there anyone that subscribed to this group that is not listed as a group member right now?

@All, I am working on collecting under our group repo all the info/material/guidelines we have already found/developed on this topic. Get in touch with me if you have material/ideas

Should we schedule a call sometime early next week (e.g. Monday afternoon 5pm CET) ?


 

We have a good start! I added a checklist for pre-hackathon release, and added that to the hackathon planning board.

Michele, please add a short working group description to the hackathon README.