Topics

Hackathon logistics

Dear BONSAI hackathon participants:

Thanks again for agreeing to participate, and we look forward to
meeting you all in Barcelona!

Here are some logistical details:

Please plan to arrive on Sunday, March 24. We would like to get
started Monday morning. The hackathon will officially end on Friday
mid-afternoon, with the expectation that most people will leave Friday
evening.

The hackathon will be at a rented team space at Travessera de Dalt 33,
08024 Barcelona (see attached).

If we are covering your expenses, please be aware of the following:

* You should book your tickets and hotel/apartment yourself. You can
send receipts to Bo Weidema for reimbursement (bo.weidema@...).
* Our budget is given here:
https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/hackathon-2019/blob/master/Financial.md.
Please stay within the suggested limits.
* We will eat group lunches & dinners. There will not be a cash per diem.

Please reply to this message (instead of me directly) if you have questions, as others may have the same question.

Yours,
Chris

Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)

Thanks a lot for the information,
is there any recommendation for hotels/airbnb near the place of the hackaton?

Kind regards,
Matteo

---
Matteo Lissandrini

Department of Computer Science
Aalborg University

http://people.cs.aau.dk/~matteo

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 17:09, Chris Mutel
<hackathon2019+owner@bonsai.groups.io> wrote:

[...]

tomas Navarrete

Hi,

So now we have groups.io mailing list.

What about creating a slack (or other equivalent tool) to use during the hackaton ?

I mean, like to send URLS for example.

Of course, we could always use Google Hangouts for this as well.
What do you think ?

cheers,

"Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)" ---02/20/2019 11:51:59 PM---Thanks a lot for the information, is there any recommendation for hotels/airbnb near the place of th

From: "Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)" <matteo@...>
To: <hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io>
Date: 02/20/2019 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [hackathon2019] Hackathon logistics
Sent by: hackathon2019@bonsai.groups.io

Thanks a lot for the information,
is there any recommendation for hotels/airbnb near the place of the hackaton?

Kind regards,
Matteo

---
Matteo Lissandrini

Department of Computer Science
Aalborg University

http://people.cs.aau.dk/~matteo

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 17:09, Chris Mutel
<hackathon2019+owner@bonsai.groups.io> wrote:

> Dear BONSAI hackathon participants:
>
> Thanks again for agreeing to participate, and we look forward to
> meeting you all in Barcelona!
>
> Here are some logistical details:
>
> Please plan to arrive on Sunday, March 24. We would like to get
> started Monday morning. The hackathon will officially end on Friday
> mid-afternoon, with the expectation that most people will leave Friday
> evening.
>
> The hackathon will be at a rented team space at Travessera de Dalt 33,
> 08024 Barcelona (see attached).
>
> If we are covering your expenses, please be aware of the following:
>
> * You should book your tickets and hotel/apartment yourself. You can
> send receipts to Bo Weidema for reimbursement (bo.weidema@...).
> * Our budget is given here:
> https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/hackathon-2019/blob/master/Financial.md.
> Please stay within the suggested limits.
> * We will eat group lunches & dinners. There will not be a cash per diem.
>
> Please reply to this message (instead of me directly) if you have questions, as others may have the same question.
>
> Yours,
> Chris

Tom

I am interested in booking a shared apartment if anyone else is too?
This search shows some 3+ bedroom options within a ~10 minute walk of the hackathon location. We could get a nice place with a private bedroom each, for significantly under the 100 €/person/day budget. I'm happy to arrange the booking etc. and would like to stay until Saturday (for a relaxed check-out without encroaching on hackathon time, and to enjoy Barcelona Friday eve).
Please reply if you're interested, with preferences/requirements (or absence of them) if possible. I suggest this Friday (March 1) as the deadline for booking, to ensure we get a good place.

cdgaete@...

Hi sophisticatedusername!

I am up for that. Let's discuss this later today while waiting for someone else who wants to join us.
Cheers
Carlos

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 12:00, <sophisticatedusername@...> wrote:
I am interested in booking a shared apartment if anyone else is too?
This search shows some 3+ bedroom options within a ~10 minute walk of the hackathon location. We could get a nice place with a private bedroom each, for significantly under the 100 €/person/day budget. I'm happy to arrange the booking etc. and would like to stay until Saturday (for a relaxed check-out without encroaching on hackathon time, and to enjoy Barcelona Friday eve).
Please reply if you're interested, with preferences/requirements (or absence of them) if possible. I suggest this Friday (March 1) as the deadline for booking, to ensure we get a good place.

Agneta

Hi Tom

Thanks for taking the initiative. Matteo and I are participating from Aalborg university. We are willing to share the costs for accommodation.

regards
Agneta

--
Agneta Ghose, PhD
Post doc, The Danish Centre for Environmental Assessment

Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)

Thanks for proposing this,
Agneta and I are willing to share an apartment as well.

One detail, I will leave on Friday, I hope this will not be a big issue.

On a different note, since this emails are public, I am not 100% comfortable on sharing all these logistics details on a public space.

Thanks,
Matteo

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019, 12:47 Carlos David Gaete, <cdgaete@...> wrote:
[...]

Ok thanks for the replies Carlos, Agneta & Matteo.
Following Matteo's point, I suggest we switch to a private Slack channel if that's ok with you all. See you there if you agree, or email with an alternative suggestion.
For other participants, please assume this apartment is now full unless we post again!
Cheers, Tom

Tom

Hi folks. We have a nice 4-bedroom apartment ready to book (10 mins walk from hackathon, outside space, sunlight), and just need a new 4th person.
Please message if you're possibly interested and I'll add you to the private Slack channel for details.