Topics

How does the ontology group support the correspondence table group #ontology #rdf #correspondencetables

Agneta

I am not very clear on how we could support each other. Perhaps you can provide a clearer description

What I understand is the correspondence table ( currently in xls format) should be converted into an rdf format. So we have to see how the current xls files containing correspondence tables fits into our ontology? If this is the case I still find it quite challenging as many of the columns in the correspondence tables just refer to some codes, which are just codes of certain activities labels of which are provided in another column. So are these just qualitative flow properties?

Regards

Agneta

Elias Sebastian Azzi

We have lists of activities and flows in different classifications.

- Each classification has its URI / is a super-class for all its elements?
- Each activity or flow has its URI and a property saying belongsTo "this classification" (redundant with being part of a class, but same as what was discussed for flows in #ontology)?

If this is the case I still find it quite challenging as many of the columns in the correspondence tables just refer to some codes, which are just codes of certain activities labels of which are provided in another column.
I think we need to re-write the CSV files with the name-literals that we plan to use in the ontology/RDF of the activities and flows.

So are these just qualitative flow properties?
I think we need to define some vocabulary (as Brandon already started in another thread) to describe the different type of correspondences. Brandon referred to this vocab https://www.w3.org/2009/08/skos-reference/skos.html  https://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#mapping
- 1-1,  skos:exactMatch
- N-1, skos:broadMatch (second item is broader than first one)
- 1-N and M-N, in this skos vocab no option to add weights?

Miguel Fernández Astudillo

Hello hello

During the hackathon we talked about aggregators but I have no idea of how they are implemented. For example, Exiobase documents emissions of "HFC"s while we have characterisation factors for different types of HFCs (HFC-41, HFC-152 etc.). This requires some kind of rule to dissagregate HFC emissions into the different subclasses of HFC. How can we implement this kind of aggregation/dissagregation in BONSAI?

best,

Miguel