Topics

IT requirements for the hackathon

1. I will be providing a small NAS/git server to facilitate collaboration during the hackathon, in case our internet goes down or is not a good as we think. On this box, I will have the EXIOBASE data and the developed correspondence tables to/from the different classification systems that we will be using. Please suggest any other data that you think would be helpful!

Note that this NAS is a Raspberry Pi, and so it can't do any really difficult tasks.

2. We have a server at Univ. Aalborg running a Jena (http://jena.apache.org/) database. However, we would also like to be able to deploy web apps as subdomains of bonsai.uno. Bo, how much flexibility do we have here? It would be good to have public documentation of the BONSAI architecture, including registrar, hosting of bonsai.uno, etc.

3. Are there any other IT needs or suggestions?

Tom

Is it reasonable to assume that all participants are bringing laptops? I guess so.
Personally, I dislike working on just a laptop, hunched over. I am more productive and healthy when plugged into a proper workstation, with a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Is this type of hardware potentially available at the rented hackathon space? Packing our personal equipment into a suitcase is possible, but not ideal if there are appropriate alternatives there.

Bo Weidema

I am sorry to say that we have not had sufficient funding to rent a fully equipped IT-lab. We will have to work with our laptops.

Best regards

Bo

--

Tom

Thanks Bo, good to know! I will try to pack a keyboard, mouse and laptop riser then, to work in comfort.