Topics

Request for help: Python library skeleton

Dear all-

Please help fill out https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/python-skeleton. I think we should have at least the following:

* Simple instructions on what needs to be changed/updated from the skeleton
* Instructions on how to set up Travis, Appveyor, and coveralls (or suitable replacements)
* Instructions on how to set up CI code quality
* Docs directory using Sphinx
* Tests directory using pytest
* CI scripts needed for conda packaging (see https://github.com/OcelotProject/Ocelot/tree/master/ci) and automatic uploading (plus instructions)
* Normal python directory structure

Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)

Hi Chris,

a couple of questions:
what is this python skeleton for?
A module, an app, a web-app?
I guess there may be multiple modules produced in the project for addressing distinct needs, shouldn't this decision be based on those considerations?

Also, I see a reference to pyhoe:  last commit was ~7 years ago and has only 10 stars on github, is this a solid project for which to require a dependency?

Thanks,
Matteo

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 09:33, Matteo Lissandrini (AAU) <matteo@...> wrote:

Hi Chris,

a couple of questions:
what is this python skeleton for?
A module, an app, a web-app?
A normal library, with an optional command-line executable. The idea
is to have a common base, and also to make it easy for people who
aren't used to packaging to get up and running quickly. I have added
some basic stuff this morning.

I guess there may be multiple modules produced in the project for addressing distinct needs, shouldn't this decision be based on those considerations?

Also, I see a reference to pyhoe: last commit was ~7 years ago and has only 10 stars on github, is this a solid project for which to require a dependency?
Not a dependency, just an example of what a skeleton could look like :)

Thanks,

############################
Chris Mutel
Technology Assessment Group, LEA
Paul Scherrer Institut
OHSA D22
5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland
http://chris.mutel.org
Telefon: +41 56 310 5787

tomas Navarrete

Chris,

You mentionned CI scripts for conda packaging.
Pypi is to forget absolutely ?