Re: SDG follow upSETAC UNOPS

LCA LCT

For the first time, sustainable development, broadly defined and all-encompassing, has been enshrined in international policy discussions and quickly adopted by national governments, NGOs and the global business community. The 17 SDGs are comprehensive and cover energy and climate; water, food and ecosystems; health and poverty; and jobs and innovation. The SDGs represent a major step forward towards linking human activity to economic, social or environmental consequences.

The SDGs introduce the added benefit of encouraging the partnership of governments, private sector, civil society and citizens alike to make sure we leave a better planet for future generations. Governments throughout the world have declared the 17 SDGs and the 169 targets to be integrated and essential for future prosperity. The business community is reflecting on the relationships between the SDGs and sustainable corporate practices. The scientific community plays a critical role through research and experimentation to fill knowledge gaps in critical areas that elucidate the consequences of human activities.

The SDGs are guide-posts for society as it attempts to respond to an array of pressing environmental challenges. Five years into the initiative, the editors felt it was a good time to explore where the research is and what is still needed to support these goals.

During the editorial meeting at the SETAC Europe 29th Annual Meeting in Helsinki, Finland, attendees identified the following goals as most pertinent to IEAM:

  • Goal 2: Promote sustainable agriculture.
  • Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
  • Goal 11: Incorporate nature into the human built environment to support urban ecosystem services.
  • Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
  • Goal 13: Implement strategies and actions to respond to climate change and its impacts.
  • Goal 14: Conserve and use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
  • Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt or reverse land degradation, and halt biodiversity loss.

We are seeking experts to submit full-length articles or write perspectives on their work pertaining to an SDG goal. Perspectives are short articles, 2–3 pages long, that:

  • Frame SDG goal relevant to the author’s region or research.
  • State the problem that the research is seeking to address and why it is important.
  • Propose a solution or explain the work still needed that will lead towards a solution.
  • Report any findings and the status.
  • Call for next steps or seek collaborations.

We encourage potential authors to read our revised aims and scope, familiarize themselves with the author guidelinescontact us with any questions and submit their work!

Authors’ contact information: rjwenning@...and jen.lynch@...

On Jul 9, 2019, at 21:04, LCA LCT <lca4all@...> wrote:

1) Congratulations Good Work on the is the server exoiobase at http://db.bonsai.uno/ now up an running ? We are having trouble logging in for the PEF sensitivity analysis EF2

2) The theme of next years SETAC is Open Science for Enhanced Global Environmental Protection perhaps it would be possible to display
a case at that time ?

Please join us for the SETAC Europe 30th Annual Meeting, which will be held from 3–7 May 2020 in Dublin, Ireland. SETAC Dublin offers a valuable professional development experience by allowing you to share your knowledge, enthusiasm and research discoveries with thousands of scientists from around the world.

Session submission is now open. Submit your session proposal by 15 August
PROPOSE A SESSION
We invite you to review this year’s meeting theme and tracks. In addition to the traditional poster and platform sessions, we encourage you to think outside the box, enhance trans-disciplinary collaboration and highlight the central conference theme "Open Science for Enhanced Global Environmental Protection."

Whatever your preference for promoting your work, we hope you will consider submitting a session proposal by 15 August

Propose a Training Course

Each year at the annual meeting, SETAC aims to offer training courses to members and guests. Therefore we are searching for volunteers, willing to devote their time and knowledge to teach      cutting-edge and general scientific topics but also non-scientific courses.

Teaching a training course provides an excellent opportunity for getting to know people working in the same field of interest and thus forming networks. If you are interested in volunteering your time and expertise, please have a look on the website and submit a training course proposal by 31 October!

For more information about the meeting, visit dublin.setac.org or contact SETAC Europe.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

Case at hand
In a previous line work for OASIS on reasoning by ontologies (using ontologies  for niem and some companies in transport we did an ONION approach for  concistencies (NLP )Working on units
Ontology of (basic) Units  /Ontology of Unit (vector and vendor independent )

A case at hand which could bring this work more focused and task oriented is the following as a follow up on the PEF sensitivity analysis

A systematic approach for mapping and matching SP2SDG  using a business centric point of departure

A) Sustainable Procurement to the
B) Sustainable Development Goal Targets, 232

and

C) case study reports of real life case studies that validate and express those linkages (using selection criteria direct or indirect by proxies )
which SDGs we leave up to you but we are currently working on long term SDG14 and short term SDG6 but are open for other suggestions
<140417-Goals-and-Targets1.pdf>
<Definitive-Guide-Graph-Databases-for-RDBMS-Developer.pdf>

Bon Samurai

On Jun 7, 2019, at 18:01, Matteo Lissandrini (AAU) <matteo@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm back from ESWC'19 in Portorož, Slovenia.
The conference is a well known venue for Semantic Web researchers and practitioners.

I've presented our work with the poster and we were lucky enough to win the best poster award:
https://2019.eswc-conferences.org/awards/

In general I've talked to other people that worked in building ontologies and we all shared the struggle in finding the right vocabulary, and how to better reuse the existing ones and the standards.
I've added a couple of interesting pointers as issues on github.

For validation of user-submitted data, WikiData recently  started adopting Shape Expressions
http://shex.io/

For statistical data other groups suggested looking into the "statistical ontology"
http://stato-ontology.org/
this one probably could represent the data that has uncertainty attached to it.

A tool for visualization and editing of ontologies:
http://owlgred.lumii.lv/

Among the people passing by asking for questions a person from Daimler expressed some interest, while a researcher from the German Aerospace Center was interested in understanding the Bonsai use case in relation to a W3C working group in which they are participating.

We also got general approval from some design choices, among which the Ontology of Unit of measures we picked.

Thanks,