Re: #rdf #issues #exiobase #issues #rdf #exiobase

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 11:30, Matteo Lissandrini (AAU) <matteo@...> wrote:
unfortunately half of what you say is alien to me, but I have the impression that this is about the numeric data that the RDF converter is handling.
Indeed, this was not clear. Sorry. I was referring to
https://frictionlessdata.io/specs/data-package/ and
https://frictionlessdata.io/specs/tabular-data-resource/ and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidy_data; see also attached the
datapackage.json file for the IO tables.

Will this require to write from scratch the Exiobase RDF converter? do I understand correctly or is this about some other data?
No, the "intermediate" file is basically the same;
https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/EXIOBASE-conversion-software/blob/master/scripts/excel2csv.py
does more or less the same thing, just less completely (not all
extensions, doesn't check to make sure EXIOBASE authors were
consistent in row and column labels, doesn't correct typos or clean
whitespace), and without providing metadata following a specification.
But we need to update this software anyway to a) make it a proper
installable package, b) follow the URI schema that we are now using,
and c) fill in all the "TODO"s in the code.