Re: #rdf #issues #exiobase #issues #rdf #exiobase

Massimo Pizzol

>>>The trade data appear as imports in the Exiobase use table. Note that  this is different from the way it appears in national supply-use tables.

I am the only one who got lost? The trade data you refer to are just the input flows from other countries? See example in the MRIO table below.

Sector A, country X

Sector A, country Y

Sector B, Country Y

Product a, country X

Trade input

 trade input

Product a, country Y

 trade input

 non-trade input

Product b, Country Y

 trade input

non-trade input

Massimo

From: <main@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf of "Bo Weidema via Groups.Io" <bo.weidema@...>
Date: Friday, 8 November 2019 at 13.17
To: "main@bonsai.groups.io" <main@bonsai.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [bonsai] #rdf #issues #exiobase

Den 2019-11-08 kl. 10.59 skrev Chris Mutel:

A trade activity (does trade need to be flow-object specific? In the

future, does it need to be specific to transport mode?)

International trade activities, i.e. activities that move use of an

export to become an import supply, do need to be FlowObject specific.

Each such trade activity can have inputs of different transport modes,

insurance, and other trade facilitation activities, as well as outputs

of product losses. However, in Exiobase, these international trade

activities are (as far as I understand) integrated in the national data,

so to avoid double counting can be ignored. Of course, at some point in

time, someone will want to separate these out from the national tables,

but that is not required for now.

One minor technical question - do we take trade data from the supply

or use table? From my uninformed perspective, I would expect this data

to be the same in both tables, but I don't underestimate the ability

of data providers to surprise me anymore!

The trade data appear as imports in the Exiobase use table. Note that

this is different from the way it appears in national supply-use tables.

The above is according to the best of my knowledge. I assume Stefano can

correct me if I should be wrong.