BONSAI ontology: case study for application and extension

Dear all-

Bo noticed that the Yale MFA database has finally been publicly
released. This is a very nice opportunity to apply our tools and
ontology, as it will both require us to get a specific implementation
of stocks, and show how what we are doing is relevant to people doing
MFA and Industrial Ecology.

The paper describing the data is here:
The data is hosted by USGS here:
https://www.sciencebase.gov/catalog/item/5b9a7c28e4b0d966b485d915
Stefan Pauliuk has already written some parsing/translation code here:
https://github.com/IndEcol/IE_data_commons/commit/1b3948d1fb01b81df8a100a6f02bc90c372352eb

In a similar vein, it would be good to be able to parse the wide
variety of IE data that Stefan and his group have prepared:
http://www.database.industrialecology.uni-freiburg.de/

Before the Spring hackathon, we should have a specific implementation
plan on how to import and use this data. Feel free to reply to this
message if you would be interested.

-Chris

--
Chris Mutel