Re: Request for comment before BONSAI 2020 General Assembly #communication #dataliberation

Miguel Fernández Astudillo

Hi

I will try to elaborate more later but being essentially a volunteer-based organization, I think we also need to pay some attention to the volunteers. In my opinion many are overwhelmed by the complexity and do not see how it is supposed to work.

In that sense better documentation, with more examples should help (e.g. how to add metadata, how to create URI …). There are tasks that are quite simple (like linking exiobase to an existing classification). I would really appreciate an extremely simple example of linking two or three fictitious datasets expressed according to the bonsai ontology to produce an LCA score. Something that would fit on a notebook.

I am a bit out of touch, but it would be interesting to see what potential collaborators would want form BONSAI and why we can’t help them yet (assuming we can’t).

best, Miguel

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 at 17:56, Bo Weidema <bo.weidema@...> wrote:
I echo Matteo's comment :-)

Bo