From: main@bonsai.groups.io [main@bonsai.groups.io] on behalf of Chris Mutel via Groups.Io [cmutel@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2019 10:34 AM
To: main@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: [bonsai] #infrastructure New working group and practice guidelines

Dear all-

As many of you have already realized, we need to organize and document our infrastructure a bit better. Specifically, I see a need for:

  • Standard practice guidelines on maintaining the RDF database. For example, it looks like https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/bontofrom/issues/9 is fixed, but I am not sure by who or when. Also, I think someone (or more than one person :) has wiped this database since the hackathon, as the electricity data is missing.
  • A small guide to help everyday people know which named graphs to use, and how to use them.
  • Backup and restore procedures for the RDF database. We need to be dumping stuff anyway to make the downloads available.
  • A private repository with server configs and passwords. I have applied for https://github.com/nonprofit status, but we could also run a private instance of gitlab.
  • A list of all bonsai.uno websites, virtual servers, etc.
Tomas, would you coordinate this? It doesn't mean you have to do all the work.