Topics

Categories for Exiobase Activities and Flow Objects to enable Exploration #toolbox #ontology

as mentioned already to some of you,  I'm working on a tool that helps people without SPARQL know-how to explore large RDF data (like our Bonsai triplestore)

This tool works best when the objects to explore have assigned one or more categories (e.g., Italy is an EU country, while Canada is a North America).
Having these categories will also enable me to enrich the dataset with QB[1] and QB4OLAP annotations[2].

I've prepared an initial temporary categorization of Activity Types and Flow Objects in this google spreadsheet (2 sheets).
They are likely to be very wrong.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1In-ACKI3ddMwpmMpSplw0JzaliPy-kku2Xbto_CzYpk/edit?usp=sharing

Could you please provide me some better alternatives?
Now you should be able to comment, but if you provide me with an email address I will add you with edit permission.

If you have any further question, please let me know.
Thanks,
Matteo

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-data-cube/
[2] https://github.com/lorenae/qb4olap

Agneta

Could you please provide access to the document?
\Agneta

Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)

Sorry, now is open to anyone for comment,

let me know your email for edit acces.

Thanks,

Matteo

---
Matteo Lissandrini

Department of Computer Science
Aalborg University

http://people.cs.aau.dk/~matteo

Could you please provide access to the document?
\Agneta

Bo Weidema

Hi Matteo,

Would it not be smartest to use the top categories from one of the classifications, such as ISIC4?

Best regards

Bo

Den 2019-10-30 kl. 11.23 skrev Matteo Lissandrini (AAU):

Sorry, now is open to anyone for comment,

let me know your email for edit acces.

Thanks,

Matteo

---
Matteo Lissandrini

Department of Computer Science
Aalborg University

http://people.cs.aau.dk/~matteo

Could you please provide access to the document?
\Agneta

That would be great,

where do I find them?

---

*From:* main@bonsai.groups.io <mailto:main@bonsai.groups.io>
<main@bonsai.groups.io> <mailto:main@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf of
Bo Weidema via Groups.Io <bo.weidema=bonsai.uno@groups.io>
Objects to enable Exploration #ontology #toolbox
*From:* main@bonsai.groups.io <mailto:main@bonsai.groups.io>
<main@bonsai.groups.io> <mailto:main@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf
of Agneta via Groups.Io <agneta.20=gmail.com@groups.io>

*From:* main@bonsai.groups.io <mailto:main@bonsai.groups.io>
<main@bonsai.groups.io> <mailto:main@bonsai.groups.io> on behalf
of Agneta via Groups.Io <agneta.20=gmail.com@groups.io>
Flow Objects to enable Exploration #ontology #toolbox

Could you please provide access to the document?
\Agneta

Thanks Miguel, this is great.

I don't remember, what do we need for the FlowObject instead?

---
Matteo Lissandrini

Department of Computer Science
Aalborg University

http://people.cs.aau.dk/~matteo

All available EXIOBASE concordances are gathered here
https://ntnu.app.box.com/s/ziox4zmkgt3cdsg549brr0qaecskgjsd/folder/478553424
20

In the folder "other_ind_prod" you will find NACE and ISIC (keep in mind
that EXIOBASE2 and 3 have the same product classification).

You can also find the link at
https://environmentalfootprints.org/exiobase3/

Best
Konstantin

On 30/10/2019 14:06, miguel.astudillo@... wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is an open issue
> https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/Correspondence-tables/issues/10
>
> The correspondence between exiobase activities and isic "codes" does
> not exist. It is not trivial problem because some activities
> correspond to different "hierarchival levels". Some are quite broad,
> others are more specific.
>
> For this very broad classification, the easiest would be to use the
> highest level of aggregation (isic sections).
>
> Best,
>
> Miguel
>
> Miguel-Astudillo-vcard

Hi Matteo

I think that would be the different sections of the CPC (central product classification). Classifing by “sections” is quite crude but relatively easy.

https://unstats.un.org/unsd/classifications/Econ/Download/In%20Text/CPCv2.1_complete(PDF)_English.pdf

I think (well, rather hope) there is a 1-1 correspondence with nace 2 / isic sections.

For example :

CPC section 0 : “agriculture, forestry and fishery products” corresponds to the activity “agriculture, forestry and fishing”

We have not done that correspondence yet.

Miguel

Miguel-Astudillo-vcard