Topics

Open call for BONSAI NPO board members

Dear all-

The legal entity BONSAI, a not for profit organization headquartered in Denmark, supports the efforts of the broader BONSAI project with fund-raising, substantial in-kind contributions, and IT. Pursuant to a decision by the organization's board of directors on March 12, 2019, and in accordance with the recent burst of activity related to the hackathon, we are actively soliciting nominations for two new members to the board of directors. We are looking for passionate people who are motivated to help move the entire BONSAI project forward. Keeping with the BONSAI core values of openness, inclusivity, and respect for different opinions, we are especially interested in candidates who would bring a diversity of locations, backgrounds, and experience to the organization. Board membership is not compensated - everyone is a volunteer.

The new board members will be elected at the next BONSAI general assembly, which will be held on Wednesday, May 8, from 17:00 to 18:00 Central European Time. Please note that participation in the general assembly is limited to BONSAI members (https://bonsai.uno/contribute/ - note that as of today the membership fee has been reduced to €50 for active BONSAI participants), but board candidates do not have to be members.

To nominate yourself, please draft a statement of motivation and a CV/similar, and either respond directly to this email if you want your nomination to be public, or email me at chris.mutel@... to limit your nomination to BONSAI members.

Please send this call to people you think would be interested!

-Chris Mutel, Chair of the Board