From: main@bonsai.groups.io [main@bonsai.groups.io] on behalf of Massimo Pizzol via Groups.Io [massimo@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2019 5:19 PM
To: main@bonsai.groups.io
Subject: Re: [bonsai] Two votes - please participate!

DCAFBE

Elias Sebastian Azzi

ADCFBE  is my current preference.

mvh

Elias

From: main@bonsai.groups.io <main@bonsai.groups.io> On Behalf Of Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)
Sent: den 7 april 2019 17:44
To: main@bonsai.groups.io

AFDCEB

From: main@bonsai.groups.io [main@bonsai.groups.io] on behalf of Massimo Pizzol via Groups.Io [massimo@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2019 5:19 PM
To: main@bonsai.groups.io

DCAFBE

FYI:

1. The vote on BEP 1 is trending towards acceptance; the voting will stop if two more people participate and approve.

2. We currently have 5 votes in our nomenclature discussion. Here are the average ranks:
  • A 2.0
  • B 4.2
  • C 2.8
  • D 2.6
  • E 5.2
  • F 4.2

I have updated the table with the alternatives suggested by Miguel R. You are, of course, allowed to alter your votes if you want.

romain

DCABFGHE

/Romain

Carlos David Gaete

AFCED

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 15:54, Chris Mutel <cmutel@...> wrote:
FYI:

1. The vote on BEP 1 is trending towards acceptance; the voting will stop if two more people participate and approve.

2. We currently have 5 votes in our nomenclature discussion. Here are the average ranks:
  • A 2.0
  • B 4.2
  • C 2.8
  • D 2.6
  • E 5.2
  • F 4.2

I have updated the table with the alternatives suggested by Miguel R. You are, of course, allowed to alter your votes if you want.

Massimo Pizzol

DCAFBEGH

"The 'flow' of an 'item' from/to an 'activity'"
Is quite close to the way we colloquially talk about these things IMO, e.g. "10 kg of carbon dioxide from electricity production". I know 'item' might be appear too generic, but we have decided that we don't want to accept the mental limitations of predefined categories (like e.g. 'product', 'emission', etc.) so the chosen term actually has to be quite generic to allow us to identify almost everything...

Brandon Kuczenski

I'm afraid I do not understand the voting options here- we are selecting from rows in which the final column is always 'activity', so we are choosing terms for the first two columns- but what do those columns signify? general and specific / abstract and concrete? "flow quantity" is not comparable to exchange or elementary flow or anything else in the table so I am at a loss. I do think that any system that doesn't recognize quantities as a distinct class is incomplete, but voting for "F" shows a misconception of what a quantity is.

If I were to apply my own perspective, it would be "abstract entity" and "concrete / observed thing" so my votes would be: BGEACDH0. I would prefer "Flowable | Exchange" over "Flowable | Flow" but it is not a choice.

--
Brandon Kuczenski, Ph.D.
Associate Researcher

University of California at Santa Barbara
Institute for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Research
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-5131

email: bkuczenski@...

Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)

Hi Brandon,

I think if you look at the ontology for Flow

and at this example

you will see why I proposed Flow quantity:
in the current definition Flow is subclass of om2:Measure, because it instantiate the measured quantity of something that has been input/output of an activity.

I hope this can clarify a little bit the case.

Cheers,
Matteo

[...]

Rutger Schurgers

Hi all,

Back at the office it takes me some time to respond as I’m busy as usual. My preferences:

BACDEHGF

Regards,

Rutger