Topics

Where can I find (or make) turtle files? #dataliberation

arturdonaldson@...

Hi all,

I am looking for semantic formatted data in the form of turtle (.ttl ) files. I tried the SPARQL enpoint but only saw a way to download the results in .csv format.

I am not very familiar with file types used on the Semantic web, so forgive me if this is a silly question, but could someone share a link to some Life Cycle Inventory data in .ttl files?

All the best,
Artur Donaldson

--
LCA Data Scientist
Pre Sustainability

Hi Artur!

Disclaimer: I am not an ontology expert either. I did not see an LCI in ttl yet but you can find some examples of ttl-formated data from BONSAI here: https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/rdf. For example, you can see how Exiobase has been converted and split according to the key ontology concepts like activity, flow, location, etc. One thing I could not find are the actual numerical values of the flows. Are they stored separately?

Cheers.
Ben

Agneta

Hi Arthur

Here's are the instructions to help you convert Exiobase Supply and Use tables into RDF format

https://github.com/BONSAMURAIS/EXIOBASE-conversion-software

Cheers

Agneta

Matteo Lissandrini (AAU)

Hi Arthur, all,

the BONSAI conversion workflow is currently ongoing an independent reproducibility assessment in coordination with the ISWC Conference.

Hence, we have setup a way for anyone to get all the data and do all the conversions (Exiobase and YSTAFDB).

Here are the full instructions:

https://github.com/IKnowLogic/BONSAI-reproducibility

If you find any problem, feel free to open an issue on the repo there.

Note that files `.ttl` `.nt` and `.rdf` are equivalent and one can always move from one to the other in any direction automatically.

Best,
Matteo

---
Matteo Lissandrini

Department of Computer Science
Aalborg University

http://people.cs.aau.dk/~matteo

From: Matteo

Currently the endpoint is running on a VM at AAU.
(which is quite hard to reach since you need two different steps VPN+proxy machine access)

I think Benjamin is talking about machine independent from AAU.

Also, it is important to note that the requirements (which are not so large by todays standards -- Thanks Moore!) are just if you plan to convert the entire Exiobase.

If you plan to work on YSTAFDB you can do it with your laptop.

---